Friday, August 11, 2006

Manuscript be done

Today I get the CRP-S manuscript done.
1. Finish figure legends, 2. Finish table of contents and strain list, 3. Get bookends working, 4. Make sure everything is up to NAR snuff, 5. Finish fig.8 (make a nicer tree - include sxy evolution) 6. Do a final read-through... Then, on to Sxy - and I can commit myself wholeheartedly to studying "the other" regulator.

On a sad note, today I have a final visit with a dear friend (and co-founder of our long-running Darwin reading group) before he moves off to the States to work for the Department of Home Land Security (or at least be funded by them) to model the spread of terrorist seeded diseases. He comes from a long line of politically active communists, which meant a childhood of moving great distances and living in exile. He's had trouble visiting the states before, but now they want him to come work the front line against a new evil breed of people. But what happened to communists? Aren't they (and their children) still evil? Did Patrick Swaze make Red Dawn for nothing? If I were a super bad guy, I don't think I'd like it if my fickle nemesis decided to drop me from the radar.

3 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Sally said...

aww.. EVIL!!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger 90% microbe said...

I have a hard time believing that the US has dropped communists from its radar.....perhaps just weakened its radar in favor of an even more super bad group of guys......

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Rosie Redfield said...

Table of contents?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home